SEMI-FINAL LIVE ROUND- Solo category only
(Entry fee: $120, includes the final round)
- The Semifinal round will be held June 26th -27th, 2019 and will be open to the general public. Each contestant must appear before the panel of judges at his/her designated time.
- Warm-up rooms at assigned times will be available to all semi-finalists.
- Semi-final round results will be announced at the end of each day of the Semi-final performances.
Semi-final Time Limit:
The performance time limit is determined by the level entered, and the contestant’s performance may be stopped once the time limit is exceeded.
Elementary A: up to 6 minutes
Elementary B: up to 8 minutes
Intermediate A: up to 10 minutes
Intermediate B: up to 12 minutes
Advanced A: up to 14 minutes
Advanced B: up to 16 minutes
Semi-final Repertoire Requirements for Solo category:
- Two original contrasting piano compositions of different musical eras. Elementary level participants may perform compositions of the same time period if they are contrasting in nature/character.
- Collections of short works (Example: Chopin’s Preludes) are allowed.
- Contestant may use the piece/pieces from the Preliminary (video) round.
- Memorization is required.